Lustlings are former halflings that chose to delve into darker sources of power for survival following the cataclysm. As a result, the entirety of their tribe was corrupted by the lustful energies of the demonic forces they sought to exploit, causing much of their structure to collapse into a primitive, tribal existance.
Lustlings physically resemble the halflings they were before, standing between 2'8" and 3'4" tall and weighing on average between 30 and 35 lbs. In many ways, lustlings resemble small humans and usually have the same proportions as the typical human adult. Most lustlings have dark hair and eyes, regardless of their skin complexion which, although commonly ruddy in hue, has a similar range to humans. Like all beings following the cataclysm, all lustlings outwardly appear female, but are hermaphroditic in nature.
Lustlings tend to wear mostly unprocessed clothing, though they still retain enough civilized preferences to avoid running around in raw animal furs. They often wear darkened leather, face masks, and hoods to protect their eyes and ears from the blowing sands of the desert wastes.
Lustlings possess the same abilities as halflings.They are quick and dexterous humanoids, even given their size, with quick reflexes and an ability to recover easily from sudden danger. Unlike the halflings they once were, who by large have a strong force of personality, lustlings have very weak willpower and are easily distracted due to a libido so powerful that they can scarcely ignore it. As a result, they are somewhat easily influenced by mind-affecting powers.
Lustings have only barely managed to adjust to the corruption they all face. Their society is chaotic, with leaders only barely holding their command structure together. Their instinct for survival is only slightly stronger than their unquenchable need to engage in sexual activity, and their species only remains numerous in spite of a high mortality from failed attacks and predation due to their constant breeding activities and short gestation.
Lustlings have a difficult time thinking of anything but sex, and their bodies are constantly bombarded with the urge to copulate, or masturbate when that's not available. Only hunger, sleep, and self-preservation can override their need to slake their lusts. If these three needs are met, one can easily manipulate a lustling by appealing to their more base desires.
Lustling society has completely changed following the cataclysm and their subsequent corruption, forming itself around their need for sex. Only lustlings who regularly experience sexual climax have the ability to think clearly, and as such, sexual gratification has become a part of their daily lives, with various forms of sexual stimulation becoming as common as a handshake, and orgies becoming commonplace affairs that are even expected on a regular basis.
Lustlings as Player CharactersEdit
Playing a lustling requires that the player enter it under the "Subrace" section when creating a character. Lustlings require DM approval due to their biggest racial weakness being almost entirely roleplay-oriented. As a lustling, your character will be constantly preoccupied with their own sexual arousal, so it's not the kind of character you should choose if you're adverse to a large amount of sexually-oriented content.
Ability Adjustments: -2 Str, +2 Dex
- Skill affinity (move silently): +2 racial bonus to move silently checks.
- Skill affinity (listen): +2 racial bonus to listen checks.
- Lucky: +1 luck bonus to all saving throws.
- Fearless: +2 morale bonus to saving throws against spells and effects of the fear subtype.
- Good aim: +1 racial bonus to attack rolls made with throwing weapons.
- Small stature: Lustlings are small creatures, giving them some benefits and drawbacks.
- +1 size modifier to attack rolls.
- +1 size modifier to AC.
- +4 size bonus to standard stealth and detection checks (modifies hide, listen, move silently, and spot).
- Cannot use tower shields.
- Cannot use large weapons.
- Unnatural Lust (RP): Lustlings are constantly hampered by a need to slake their lust. A lustling that does not experience sexual climax at least once every four hours suffers a cumulative -2 penalty to attack rolls, skill checks, and saving throws. If this penalty reaches -10, the lustling loses all control and will immediately resort to whatever sexual gratification is immediately at hand. Management of this drawback is handled via a special widget provided to the PC.
- Easily Tempted (RP): Lustlings are easily tempted by any offer of sexual pleasure, even if such an offer would put them in harm's way. If the lustling cannot perceive any obvious threat or harm, they must make a Will save with a DC equal to the Persuade check of the person tempting them. If giving in to the offer would clearly put them at risk (such as lowering their weapons in the middle of a battle), they receive a +4 bonus to the check. If the check is failed, the lustling will give in to the temptation. Note that the check automatically succeeds if giving in would mean imminent death or unavoidable injury. Furthermore, in any situation where a persistant risk continues (such as sex on a battlefield), the lustling receives an additional Will check every round to try and pull her senses together. Finally, this weakness can never be used to force a PC to act in any way, and OOC consent must be acquired before it is used against the lustling.
Lustlings have an "anything goes" reputation when it comes to sex, which isn't without merit. While the world of Hala'as has a more liberal view towards sexual promiscuity than most other settings, lustlings are often looked upon as being weak and slaves to their desires. They are often exploited because of this, and it's not uncommon for unscrupulous merchants to use a lustling's intense desire for sexual contact to barter lower prices, or in some cases even gain great treasure for relatively little effort on their part. As a result, lustlings attempting to impersonate halflings and live amongst other races will often go to great lengths to hide their true natures, lest they be taken advantage of.